Ran into a friend on campus Tuesday who was freaking out about finals. Talking about all the studying and other things that needed to be done. So I decided that I would post some tips about how to get through the week without any ulcers or anxiety attacks.
Here are all of my tips on how to survive Finals Week:
1. Don’t Freak Out. At some point in the next week, every student taking finals will be tempted to punch a wall, intentionally sleep through a final, or kick a cat (not that no one is tempted to do that one already). None of these things will benefit you in any way.
2. Do Something Fun. Studying is a drag, and if you spend all of your time studying, finals week will be terrible for you. Take some time away from your books and hang out with your friends. After this week you probably won’t see them for a while, so do something fun.
3. Manage Your Time. Yeah I’m not good at this one. If you have nothing to do, do something that will help you do better on your finals. The more you study when there’s nothing to do, the less you have to miss out on in order to to study.
4. Prioritize Your Classes. You likely do not have the same grade in all of your classes. Some classes you really need an A in to keep your scholarship, while others you can mess up a little and still get a solid grade. Figure out which classes need more attention than others, and knock those out of the park. Don’t sweat the 88% in the class that you have a 95% in.
5. Get Enough Sleep. Even if you have to stop studying at night to get up the next morning and study before the final, get some sleep before the final. If you feel yourself dozing off while studying, go to sleep for a bit. Wake up and finish studying. You will learn way more while alert than otherwise.
Yes, these are all of my Finals Week tips. There are only five. I am not really a wealth of knowledge on the subject, but I can say that when I abide by these, I do better. It works 60% of the time EVERYTIME.
Good Luck, and Happy Finals Week Everyone!
Take it Easy!